Our civil engineers have delivered a wide range of successful highway design and road safety auditing projects from developing major new road schemes, the road network on large residential housing estates or simply a private driveway.
We’re problem solvers and will find the right technical solutions to progress your highways project, whatever its size or scale.
Our specialist team can manage any part of your scheme from developing the initial concept to designing a fully detailed package of construction drawings for contractor use.
Our experience of highway design standards and road safety auditing will ensure adoption by the highway authorities.
Our positive working relationships with local authority colleagues across Cumbria, Lancashire and beyond enables us to progress the necessary technical approvals for your project efficiently.
Highway design and road safety auditing services
- Housing estate road and pavement design
- Industrial and commercial site design
- Residential/private driveway (s184) access design
- Road bridge load assessments and repair schemes
- Junction design and access road assessments
- Car park design
- Highway improvement schemes
- Design of highway bridges and abutments, footbridges, culverts and underpasses
- Highway adoption (s38) and agreements including s278 works
- Traffic impact assessments
- Road safety audits to GG 119 standard
- Road signage design and co-ordination
- Foul, waste and surface water drainage schemes including s104 adoption
- Private drainage schemes
- Sustainable drainage schemes (SuDS)