Our Principal Designer services will manage the pre-construction phase of a project and support our clients with their health and safety responsibilities.
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 makes the client responsible for the overall health and safety of a project. They apply to both domestic and commercial clients and can be challenging to manage without the necessary expertise.
A Principal Designer, working with the Client and Principal Contractor, must ensure work is carried out without risk to the workforce and wider public.
At R G Parkins, our Principal Designer services can manage the pre-construction phase of a project and support our clients with their health and safety responsibilities.
It is vital that a Principal Designer is appointed as early as possible.
Your appointed Principal Designer, working with the design team and contractors, will plan, manage and monitor the pre-construction phase of your project to consider and control all the health and safety risks.
They will also work with the Principal Contractor to support the planning, managing and monitoring of the construction phase.
Principal Designer services
Our professional and proactive approach to the Principal Designer role draws on our extensive practical experience in managing health and safety, working across our multi-disciplinary team of civil and structural engineers.
The role includes:
- Advising and assisting the client in their health and safety duties
- Planning, managing and monitoring the pre-construction phase of a project
- Coordinating health and safety to ensure the project is delivered without risk
- Considering health and safety in all design, technical and organisational decisions, and the various stages and planning of work
- Preparing and maintaining the health and safety file
- Ensuring designers comply with CDM duties
- Assisting the client in the provision of pre-construction information to all designers and contractors
- Facilitating good communication between everyone working on the pre-construction phase of the project.