Our structural engineering specialists design safe and secure structures that deliver your vision
We will ensure the right structural design for your project whatever its size and scale. Whether you’re developing a new industrial or housing estate, converting a heritage property, or adding an extension to your family home, the R G Parkins team will offer an innovative, yet practical solution to the safe and stable design of your buildings and structures.
Our structural engineering knowledge and experience, combined with the latest technology and computer software, will realise your architectural vision while managing the constraints of your site, schedule and budget.
We design and detail any size of structure from a small home extension to a large multi-story framed building across the domestic and residential, commercial and industrial sectors. We work with all types of structure from traditional stone-built Lakeland barn conversions to modern steel, concrete or timber framed buildings.
Our structural engineering expertise extends across our multi-disciplinary team meaning we provide a complete solution for your scheme sharing our knowledge in historic buildings, civil engineering, hydrology, and highways.
Structural engineering services
- Structural surveys, inspections and feasibility studies
- Structural design certification
- Full design development services
- Integrating buildings within the landscape
- Retaining walls
- Warehousing design and layout to maximise use of space
- Structural temporary works
- Advisory visits and expert witness support
- Managing the planning process, consents and licensing
- Principal Designer Services or CDM Co-ordination
Structural temporary works
Our team is highly experienced in the design of structural temporary works in both commercial and domestic builds to enable your site contractors to work safely and efficiently.
Managed structural design service
We offer a full design and development service for commercial property developers and house builders. From project conception our experts will manage each stage of your development through to completion to realise your vision.
Our managed structural design service includes:
- Concept design and options
- Tendering and contract management
- RIBA design stage development
- CDM Co-ordination
We work with
- Home-owners and domestic properties
- Land and estate owners
- Industrial and commercial sites
- Builders and developers
- Heritage and conservation organisations
- Local authorities, public sector organisations and the NHS
- Housing associations
- Universities, colleges and schools