Expert advice on the design, planning and management of all types of civil construction projects.
At R G Parkins, our civil engineering expertise extends across our multi-disciplinary team meaning we provide a complete solution for your scheme; sharing our knowledge in structural engineering, maritime, hydrology and flood risk management.
Our vast civil engineering experience includes residential and commercial construction and large infrastructure schemes, including highways, drainage design and SuDS, earthworks, and foundation design.
We enjoy positive and collaborative working relationships with our clients and their contractors, and we regularly partner other experts to co-ordinate the right specialist solutions for your civils projects.
The high standards of design and robust calculations achieved by our expert civils team ensures infrastructure adoption by utility providers and local authorities.
Civil engineering services
- Drainage schemes and assessments including s104 adoption
– storm or surface water drainage
– foul or waste water drainage
- Sustainable Drainage Schemes (SuDS)
- Private drainage schemes
- Earthworks design specifications, including cut and fill analysis
- Foundation (conventional and pile) design
- Ground improvement techniques
- Geo-technical design of deep/heavy duty foundations
- Retaining structures – reinforced earth, concrete and sheet piles
- Highway design
- Road safety auditing
- Temporary works
Civil engineering temporary works
We work with contractors to ensure the safe and efficient management of their construction.
Our work includes designing solutions for temporary working platforms, stability and reinforcement works for safe excavation and assessing safe lifting practices of cranes and similar equipment, including the need for temporary site preparation to support their use.